Sunday, January 29, 2012

Seminyak, Bali

Arrived in Bali after an all night out in Bangkok with Latifa & Kevin and it was really overcast - not a surprise as it's rain season..


Seminyak's beaches were a disappointment as all the rubbish from the ocean gets blown on to the shore by the wind but I was fortunate to meet 2 locals through ASmallWorld who have been taking me around and showing me the nicest beaches - all on the east coast though.


While in Seminyak I spent my time lounging at Ku De Ta and got sunburnt while enjoying fabulous cocktails like their lemongrass & lychee martini, the cucumber & elderflower collins and had the best tuna loin so far :P
Metis I heard could be worth a visit if you want something more upscale and like French food.
Tried Balinese food at Made's Warung but left for Ubud after 2 days and rafting in Rendang which was fun though it was mainly the guide doing the paddling - so not much exercise for me!


I decided to head to Ubud as my friend James happened to be there too and one of the people I met in Seminyak offered I could stay in their villa for free.
How could I refuse such a generous offer?!!


Next post - Ubud :)


Metis - Chinese NYE decoration

Best tune I've had at Ku de Ta. Bless those amazing cocktails too!

Metis - French upscale restaurant...rather pricey for Bali..

No comments:

Post a Comment