Thursday, January 5, 2012

Phuket to Chiang Mai

24hrs yet again.


My bus from Phuket to BKK was 3hrs late but once on it I slept like a baby.
Bus fare 487Bht (Indra tours)
Duration: 12hrs


Word of advice: When the aircon drops bus temperatures to lower than 15C (and it baffles me they don't get that everyone freezes) make sure you have socks, a scarf to wrap your face in and warm clothes and a towel or blanket or you're doomed to a sleepless trip..


BKK to Chiang Mai
Bus fare 450bht (VIP bus)
Duration: 9hrs


One backpacker I met told me they have proper lockers and showers and beds at the terminal even. Had I known this before, I would have stayed in BKK and taken another night bus.
Oh well, better luck next time!







Arrived around 23:00 in Chiang Mai, knackered but went out for a bite and met some nice people at one if the bars..and made plans to meet up, get bikes and do stuff :)
Waiting for my bus at Phuket bus terminal. It was 3hrs late :(
After 24hrs on 2 busses to Chaing Mai I met these cool dudes :)
Love the subliminal marketing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment