Monday, May 28, 2012

Amsterdam!!!

Went for a very short and intense weekend trip with my ex colleague and good friend Önay.


We left Friday after work, landed around 22:00 at Schipol and went home to change and freshen up before heading to Jimmy Woo around midnight. turns out midnight was a pretty good time to show up...people were just starting to fill the place and the much more lively Leidsleplein outside was buzzing.


I had guest list and as I heard it's difficult to get in if you don't have.
We weren't sure if there was a dress code so we got our swag on :P
Turned out to be a rally cool, bohemian chic place....more trendy and def not posh which was great.


The music was amazing and this gorgeous bartender names Simon made us fab and ridiculously strong Mojitos all night >P


At 5am we left for Bubbles - a student bar and it was crazy in there. A lot fo men thought I needed a shot so I wasn't feeling all too amazing the next day - but hey. I live for the moment :P


Next day we did sightseeing..I think I was drunk/hungover all day so the bike ride and cold air kept us awake. Bless em bikes!


Bikes were 15EUR a day and I definitely recommend getting around that way, but do not recommend filming on them. Ducth people on bikes are dangerous! :D




That evening we weren't feeling too hot, so we went to Bocinq for some tapas (the lobster croquettes were delicious!!) and after that to Club NL.
Can't really say I recommend it...music was good, but it was a rather peculiar mix of people which might be worth the look but it took us ages to find as the place had a not so easily spotted sign; and we weren't feeling too great, so we went home at 2 or 3am in the end to do a little more sightseeing the next day.



In Stockholm at the airport. Finally done with work and ready to leave


Vondel Park
Random canals

My fabulous ride ;)






The tulip/flower market

No comments:

Post a Comment